You and your family can cook healthy meals, even on a tight budget. Here are some tips that can help!
Before You Shop – Plan Ahead
Step 1: Think about what foods you already have in the house.
Step 2: Make a list of meals that you can you make with those items.
Step 3: Make a list of other foods you still need to buy.
Step 4: Make your cooking plan for the week.
- Skip seconds. Save leftovers for another meal.
- Freeze the leftovers to eat later or take them for lunch the next day.
- Keeping your portions at the right size can save calories and money.
- When you can, cook large amounts of foods that freeze well, like spaghetti sauce.
- Split meals into family-size portions and freeze right away after cooking. Use them later in the month.