Get the most out of seasonal vegetables! Try these crispy, nutrient-rich fries made from butternut squash.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon homemade Cajun
- Spice blend (see recipe below)
CAJUN SPICE BLEND
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a jar. Shake well. Store in an air tight container for up to one year.
Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Use a large spoon to remove all of the seeds. Peel the squash with a sharp knife or vegetable peeler. Slice into french fry shapes. Try to keep the fries all the same size for even cooking. In a large bowl, toss the fries with the olive oil and Cajun seasoning. Place fries on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Make sure the fries are in a single layer and try to keep them from touching. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip fries and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until browned.
Nutritional Information (Per 1 cup serving):
Total Fat 1.9g