Want to get your kids interested in eating their fruits and veggies? Make it fun! Here are five ideas to share with your family:
- Buy inexpensive fruit and vegetable cutters in fun shapes to make edible creations your kids will love.
- Kids love dipping their foods. Try using vanilla yogurt as a dip and serve with fresh fruit!
- Have you heard about fruit sushi? Use a piece of plastic wrap to roll your favorite cut up fruit in cooked rice combined with mashed banana. There are several tutorials online that will walk you through the process.
- Do you remember bugs on a log? Let your kids add peanut butter to celery, cucumber or carrot sticks. Top with dried fruit such as raisins or cranberries.
- Make healthy popsicles by pureeing 3 to 4 cups of your favorite combinations of fruit, such as watermelon, kiwi and strawberry. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze. Experiment until you find the flavor you love.
Let every family member have a role in the kitchen to make meals and memories together.