Did you know a traditional holiday feast amounts to over 7,500 calories in one day? Take a look at these meal comparisons and see the simple ways you can cut more than 4,000 calories.
Also, try these healthier cooking substitutes!
- Use vegetable oils such as olive oil instead of butter.
- Use lower sodium options for your ingredients. Check the nutrition label for guidance.
- Use low-fat or fat-free/skim milk for whole milk.
- Use whole-grain breads and pastas instead of white.
- Use a gravy skimmer to defat the drippings before the gravy is prepared.