Would you like to save some spending money for that vacation you’ve been planning? Follow these tips from the Financial Fitness Friday Team on how to pocket a few dollars this summer by saving on gasoline, so you can have more fun in the sun.
- Lately, gas prices are pretty low compared to what they used to be. However, as the market improves, the price will go up. Start to save gas now by running multiple errands in one day instead of taking many trips throughout the week.
- Another way to save money on gas is to do chores online. Don’t drive to the post office to pay bills. You can do them over the internet, and you’ll save money on stamps.
- Discounted gas cards are another great way to save. Initially, you may pay more for the card, but the fuel you purchase will be cheaper than usual.
- Be a safe driver. Driving safely at a moderate speed doesn’t push your vehicle to its limits, which saves gas.
- Take advantage of technology. Smartphones compare gas station prices, so you can chose the most affordable fuel during your summer travels.
Stay tuned for next month’s tip about paying off your mortgage early.Tags: financial fitness, saving money