- 2 small candy cane beets
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium radish, halved
- Quarter of a head red cabbage
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small bunch watercress, washed and large stems discarded
- 2 tablespoons roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh chives
With mandolin slicer, shave the beets into paper-thin rounds, the carrots into paper-thin slices on a bias, and the radish into paper-thin half-moons. Thinly slice the cabbage with a sharp knife.
Whisk together the oil, honey, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside.
Lay the beet, carrot and radish pieces all over the bottom of a large serving platter. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Gently toss the cabbage, watercress and remaining vinaigrette together in a medium bowl until well coated. Pile the cabbage and watercress in the middle of the platter and top with the goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, basil and chives.
(Per 1 cup serving)
Fat 13 gm
Sodium 190 mg