Set a goal for the whole family to get active together. By enjoying physical activities together, children learn that exercise is fun and makes you feel good. Try these five tips to get everyone in on the action.
- Plan one or two family activities a week, such as going for a walk or bike
- Once a month, plan a special outing, such as walking at the zoo or local walking trail.
- Have a family dance night to laugh, move and have fun together.
- If it’s raining, have a hula hoop contest or play hide-and-seek.
- Register the family for a fun run/walk and train together.