Take advantage of the beautiful weather and get outside with your family for some fun and physical activity in the sun. Experts recommend adults participate in moderate physical activity for at least 30 minutes per day for five days a week. Children and teens should get at least an hour of moderate to vigorous activity each day.
Are you out of ideas on how you can motivate your family to get moving? Grab the sunscreen and some water to keep everyone hydrated and check out these suggestions for summer adventures your whole family will love! Read more.
- Plan a hike, bicycle ride, canoe trip or walk to check out the sights and sounds of nature. Search trails.com to browse trails by the outdoor activity you love and find a path near you.
- Going to the beach? Make sure to include a family walk or jog across the sand. Don’t forget to bring a Frisbee for a quick game in between dips in the ocean.
- Enjoy amusement and water parks? Along with being fun for all ages, these parks get everyone on their feet and moving throughout the day.
- Sign the family up for memberships at the local “Y” or health club, especially one with a pool.
- Create a summer walk or jogging challenge with your family to cover the distance across your state or to a favorite destination. Make sure everyone keeps track of their steps each day and post the progress for motivation. (Remember, 2,000 steps equal one mile.)