Fresh veggies bring out the best in eggs! Try this easy frittata recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
You will need:
• 8 eggs
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• ½ medium onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 small zucchini, diced into 1” pieces
• 1 small summer squash, diced into 1” pieces
• ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 375°.
• In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs to scramble.
• Add oil to an oven-safe skillet on medium heat. Add onions to the skillet and sauté until just tender and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add zucchini and squash and sauté until just tender. They should still have a bit of bite.
• Season the eggs with salt and pepper and pour into the skillet covering all of the vegetables. Allow to cook until the bottom of the eggs are set. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the eggs are set through and a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
• Top with cheese and continue to bake just until cheese is melted.
*This recipe makes 4 servings.