Healthy eating is one of the most important things you can do for your body. A healthy diet and lifestyle are your best weapons in the fight against chronic illnesses. A little food for thought, when you fuel your day with nutritious, whole foods, your body and mind will reap the benefits.
Eating healthy starts with shopping healthy. Use these tips to make simple, smart food choices at the grocery store to create healthy habits!
- Read food labels
- Beware of sneaky ingredients
- Choose frozen, canned or dried produce when fresh isn’t available or practical
- Whole grains are good options
- Snack on fresh fruit and pre-chopped or no-chop veggies on hand
- Choose sparkling water over sugary drinks like soda and fruit drinks
Click the links below to learn more about healthy food selections!