Grab your walking shoes and get moving to improve your health. According to the American Heart Association, moderate physical activity, such as walking for at least 30 minutes a day, has several health benefits. Here are five reasons to get your walk on.
- Reduces your risk for coronary heart disease and helps
strengthen your heart, lungs and muscles
- Improves your blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Helps you lose or maintain a healthy weight
- Improves your mood and energy levels
- Reduces your risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2)
Try this walking plan from the American Heart Association to get started!