Healthy Lives challenges you and your family to commit to one or all of the following ideas to improve your health for a day, a week or the entire month. Inspire each other to live better and make new family traditions that encourage a healthy lifestyle. The sooner in life we build healthy habits, the easier it is to keep them.
- Introduce “Meatless Mondays” and create a family meal with only vegetables.
- Set limits on screen time. This includes television and all electronic devices. Instead, declare a family game night with board games, a dance-off or an outside physical activity.
- Try something new as a family. Bike rides, swimming and backyard baseball are all fun ways to fit in exercise.
- Let every family member create their own flavored watered using fruit, vegetables and herbs.
- Try breathing exercises or a family meditation each night to help everyone unwind to get a better night’s sleep.
5 fruits and vegetables, 2 hours or less of screen time, 1 hour of physical activity,
0 sweetened drinks, 10 hours of sleep